Saturday, March 21, 2009

Missing My Grandpa


Last night we were having Ketucky Fried Chicken for dinner and it got me thinking about my Grandpa. Yes...it was the chicken that brought on the memories. (What can I say? The man loved fried chicken! With his jalepeno peppers, that is!)
Some favorite memories:
1. Him and his cowboy hat that he always wore.
2. The way he would say "Angel, my love."
3. Dancing to "My Boogie Shoes" at my wedding! I think that was the first time I had seen him dance! I'm so thankful that I have it on video!
4. Slow dancing with me at my cousin Sharon's wedding
5. How he was there in the waiting room with us when Connor had his heart surgery, even though my Grandma was at home recovering from her own heart surgery.
6. How he couldn't get off work and come to the hospital with my Grandma the day Garrett was born, but he came up later that night by himself anyway when he got off work.
7. Going out to his truck for his "snake bite medicine." That's from my early days... he gave up drinking and chewing tobacco after his bout with colon cancer.
8. How he would pat the side of my face or give me strong love pats on the back when giving me a hug. I'd never tell him, but sometimes it hurt!
9. How he felt so bad for my Dad (his ex son-in-law) and showed so much concern for him when Justin died. He came to the funeral with Grandma to show their support for us.
10. And of course his long lasting love and marriage of 50 plus years with my Grnandma!
There's so many more of course,but these were the ones that came to mind last night.
I love you Paw Paw!

1 comment:

Keelie said...

Sweet post.
You're blog is great--love,love the family picture